Friday, July 19, 2013

Gifts for Brother...New Blankies

Bringing a blanket to the hospital is a family tradition that I started when Giulietta came to the hospital to meet her Baby Sister, Presley, for the first time. However, two and a half years ago, I didn't sew everything like I do today. So, I took Giulietta to Babies R' Us and she picked out a soft pink blankie with a brown monkey on it. I distinctly remember watching my first born proudly carry that blanket into our hospital room & walk it right over to her brand new sister & gently hand it to her. My heart melted at that very moment, and to this day Presley still sleeps with her Monkey Blankie! 

Thus, this little tradition must continue! In fact, what I have been looking forward to the most throughout my entire pregnancy, besides pushing this boy out, is introducing him to my girls & seeing their faces light up.  So, this time, I took the girls to Joann's, and gave them freedom to choose any fabric from the hundreds of choices the store has to offer. We sat together, serged up all the edges of the one yard piece of fabric in order to make a very easy & simple receiving blanket. This little project took us about 20 minutes total for both the blankets, and as you can see my girls were delighted to help me & even more excited about their final projects. 

After the girls enjoyed a little snuggling with these new blankets, we washed them, tied them with a bow & placed them in a bag. Now they are all ready for my little ladies to bring them to the hospital when they meet their Little Brother for the first time! 
Making Brother's Blankets July 2013 6 Making Brother's Blankets July 2013 13 Making Brother's Blankets July 2013 33 Making Brother's Blankets July 2013 43 Making Brother's Blankets July 2013 52 Making Brother's Blankets July 2013 67 Making Brother's Blankets July 2013 79 Making Brother's Blankets July 2013 58 Making Brother's Blankets July 2013 85 Making Brother's Blankets July 2013 96 Making Brother's Blankets July 2013 107 Making Brother's Blankets July 2013 116 Making Brother's Blankets July 2013 120 Making Brother's Blankets July 2013 132 Making Brother's Blankets July 2013 139 Making Brother's Blankets July 2013 168 Making Brother's Blankets July 2013 177

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, I am listening!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...