Monday, September 5, 2011

Renewed...Refreshed...Re-ORGANIZED

I have always thought of myself as a rather organized person. Yes, the papers pile up on the bar! Yes, I hide my mess in my bedroom before a party so no one can see! Yes, my purse is littered with receipts and God only knows what else most of time! However, I'm organized. At least, the organization makes sense to me. I know where things are and it seems to work most of time. (We won't count the one time I got in a car accident, couldn't find my insurance card anywhere, and then months later it appeared in a pile of "things to be filed" in our bedroom cabinet.)

Regardless of how organized or put together I may appear to be, I always feel like I can't quite catch my breath. I'm always running around like a chicken with my head cut off, doing everything, keeping busy and loving it along the way. I tend to "let things go" as the hubster suggested I do when I was feeling helplessly buried in everything and desperately needing some me time one night shortly after I gave birth to Giulietta. And, by "letting things go" I mean allowing dishes to be piled mountain high in the sink, clean clothes overflowing the laundry baskets waiting to be put away, and dog hair matted on the hardwood floor for a few days. Somehow by allowing myself to let certain things go in order to get in the much needed me time I have eased into a better groove. I feel less exhausted, more patient, and a hell of a lot happier. 

But, every now and again I find myself in the same place feeling like I'll never be able to dig myself out of my hole. So, that's when I find myself a project. Something to change, master, and make me feel a little more in control...a little more organized. 

My latest project has been organizing my kitchen. It all started with the Sippy Cup Drawer re-model, and then turned into an entire kitchen cabinet make over. I would have to say my greatest accomplishment, the one that makes me smile each time I open the doors, is my pantry. 






















For fourteen bucks (the collapsible containers were purchased for a buck each at the Dollar Tree) and two hours of up and down on my step stool I am now able to shut the cabinet doors completely, quickly find every key ingredient I need when I'm cooking a meal, and know what to buy when I'm shopping at the grocery store. This little organizing might not have been something that NEEDED to be down, but it sure makes me happy!

What have you done lately that has left you feeling renewed, refreshed, and re-organized?

1 comment:

Share your thoughts, I am listening!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...