Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Banana Pumpkin Spice Muffins for a mere 2 Points Plus

Have you ever had a pile of brown bananas sitting on your counter and wanted to do something with them, but didn't necessarily have the time? Well, you're in luck, because just the other day these beauties were staring me in the face. I was hungry, I was craving something delicious, and I had a few extra minutes to make something.  But, I didn't want to spend a lot of my "points plus" on just anything. 

So, I grabbed a box of Betty Crocker Spice Cake Mix and a can of Libby's 100% Pumpkin.  

































I dumped all three ingredients into a bowl and mixed until the mush appeared smooth.


Then, I slowly poured the mixture into each of the baking cups and placed the cupcake tin in the 350 degree Fahrenheit oven. 


After about 25 minutes I pulled the Banana Pumpkin Spice Muffins out of the oven, let them cool for a few more minutes, sprayed a little I can't believe it's not Butter on them and devoured the yumminess! 


These yummy muffins rock because the girls & hubster LOVE them, they take about 40 minutes from beginning to end to make, and they only cost 2 "points plus" each! 


















For all my fellow WW followers...this recipe will yield you 24 good size muffins. The total mixture has 19.75 grams of FAT, 451.5 grams of CARBS, 17.5 grams of FIBER, and 48 grams of PROTEIN. Thus, when divided into 24, each muffin has 0.83 grams of FAT, 18.8 grams of CARBS, 0.7 grams of FIBER, and 2 grams of PROTEIN making them only 2 "points plus!"

22 comments:

  1. How many bananas did you use and were they small, medium, or large?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used the 4 medium sized bananas that you see about! :)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you tried to do Caramel Cake mix with shredded apples and apple sauce? I loved these muffins and it got me thinking what other combinations might work! Let me know if you've tried it with apples and applesauce and what the results were.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New to your site and return visitor to WW. Do you need to add water to these muffins or just make them with the three ingredients listed?

    ReplyDelete
  5. What size is the can of pumpkinÉ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is the pp value for a regular sized muffin or a mini-muffin? It looked like you were using a mini-muffin tin in your pictures so I wanted to make sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, these look so great! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you use applesauce instead of pumpkin filling?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG these are AMAZING!!!! Thanks for the recipe

    ReplyDelete
  11. would you have less points if using the sugar free spice cake mix?

    ReplyDelete
  12. How are these muffins only 2 points? A serving is 8 points and there's 10 servings in a box. That's 80 points for the whole box. Divided 12 muffins is almost seven points a muffin. Am I doing something wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes 24 muffins not 12 but I'm still not seeing how it's 2 points.

      Delete
  13. I made this as Banana bread, cooked it 1 hr 10 min and it still came out gooey inside. I have a brand new oven so that is not the problem. Not a good result for me. I'll pass on this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made cupcakes too and they were gooey too

      Delete
  14. It's 3 points each per muffin, if you make 24.

    ReplyDelete
  15. these look good was wondering if it can be made as a cake in 9 by 12 cake pan ?

    ReplyDelete
  16. If you're looking on the box, are you looking at the finished cake if made per the box instructions? This recipe doesn't call for following the box instructions, so that might be the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can you add a small amount of dark chocolate chips without messing up the consistancy?

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts, I am listening!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...