Friday, September 14, 2012

Enjoy Today Momma

Tonight I'm tired. I'm not going to lie, it was a crazy busy day...well week actually. I push these little ladies hard, sometimes too hard. Today we took a quick trip to Costco for some essentials, had swimming lessons for the fourth day this week, and then spent an afternoon at Disneyland.

What had been a pretty amazing day ended in this Momma storming off a ride, throwing some bright yellow 3D glasses on the ground, chewing out a young ride operator, and sitting next to my teary eyed almost 4 year old who refused to just try something new for no apparent reason! I've been flustered and quite frankly pissed for a few hours now about our little snafu this afternoon, (and also the fact that it took me over 45 minutes, instead of 15, to get home tonight since I was too busy rehashing the Disney drama to notice the correct turn off on the freeway), until I came across this lovely quote:


You will never have this day with your children again.
Tomorrow, they will be a little older then they were today.
This day is a gift, breathe and notice, smell and touch them;
study their face and little feet and pay attention.
RELISH THE CHARMS of THE PRESENT.
Enjoy today Momma, it will be over before you know it!
                           -Jen Hatmaker

As I read this tonight, after I quickly snuggled both girls into bed, it became clear to me that sometimes I don't just sit back and observe. Instead, I try to create fun for these girls, make lasting memories, and hurry their growth along because well that is what a good Momma would do. In fact, what it appears I'm missing is the little happenings that are taking place right under my nose as I'm too busy trying to figure out when and where the next memory should be made.

From now on, I'm going to try each day to find those small things and enjoy them, to listen to the quiet moments and relish in them, and to watch memories write themselves on the pages of our books. Because, I've been reminded of the importance of being with them, and the importance of catching a glimpse of something small but significant, the importance of all this. So, please excuse me now as I go give my girls on more kiss, and soak up their sleeping beauty in the quiet of our home.


Hi Car...as Presley says!! #disney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, I am listening!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...