Sunday, June 9, 2013

A walk through Nature

As the day of Baby Brother's arrival is coming nearer, I find myself wanting to cram in a bunch of "special" moments with just my two girls so that I can forever have these lasting memories imprinted on my heart. This sense of urgency and need most definitely stems from the fact that I can hardly remember what it was like being a Momma to just my sweet Giulietta. The days have merged into weeks which have quickly merged into years, and it all happened with a blink of an eye.

My girls are no longer babies, but little ladies exploring the vast world in front of them. And, as I sit here and look back at all the wonderful (and not so wonderful) times we have had,  I somewhat feel like I have been robbed of time. I know that everyone around me has told me time & time again that children grow so fast, but when you are in the moment, you don't believe! You tend to politely smile and nod and think to yourself, "Ha, if only they would grow a little faster, a little more mature, a little more well behaved."

However, lately I have been feeling rather panicked and obsessed in planning these "perfect" moments with my girls, so that I can capture these precious moments with hundreds of pictures in which I can look back on in a year or so and remember what it was like with just the two of them. And, seeing how so many moments during these last few weeks of pregnancy have been less then perfect in the girls behaviors, in my parenting, and in my physical abilities, this past Friday morning at the Eldorado Nature Reserve was MUCH needed!

This girls and I hiked (walked), we stopped and talked about the surroundings, we saw bunnies and squirrels which Presley deemed as being "babies," we took breaks and ate some snacks, and we listened, laughed and skipped down the dusty trail leaving our footprints in the dust while creating lasting memories for all of us.


eldoradonaturereserve_0118
eldoradonaturereserve_0119 Eldorado nature reserve june 2013 eldoradonaturereserve_0120 eldoradonaturereserve_0114 eldoradonaturereserve_0122 eldoradonaturereserve_0121 eldoradonaturereserve_0123 eldoradonaturereserve_0117

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, I am listening!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...