Wednesday, November 16, 2011

This Photography Thing & Baby Love

So...I should start by saying that I'm not a professional photography by any means. In fact, the majority of the pictures I snap are not fit for anyones viewing but my own. However, I have developed a passion for capturing memories, my memories in particular, through a lens. Truth be told, as human beings we can't possibly mentally recall every detail from all the special moments, tender interactions, or funny happenings that we have had throughout our lifetime. Thus, we document our memories with a camera, a digital file, a print.

For that reason, I lug my camera with me almost everywhere I go. I position myself in awkward poses, and annoyingly beg my girls to cooperate with me so that I can forever remember, forever ingrain the memory of the moment into my lens. I sit in front my computer editing photos until my eyes blur the colors on the screen, and pictures appear too good to be true. Then, I blog. All this so one day I can look back, I can remember, I can relive the moment that happened so long ago.

From time to time I am asked to help capture other people's moments, my family or friends to be exact. I simply embrace the challenge, and deep down inside feel giddy to be able to share my passion for memory capturing with others. And, I suppose this is probably the way that a professional photographer feels each time they place the cool black body of their camera in their hand.

Before I share some of the memories I captured during my afternoon with my sweet friend Melissa and her beautiful baby girl Charlotte Loren, I want to thank the person who introduced me to photography. My dear friend Molly Marie Williams sold me her first camera, introduced me to the world of capturing my memories through the lens, and inspires me to keep snapping with every amazing photo she takes. If it wasn't for her, my memories would be a mere blur in the file cabinet of my brain. I am so thankful for her friend, her talent, and her willingness to share.

And...without further ado, I give you my friend Melissa and her baby Charlotte Loren.



































No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, I am listening!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...