Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Poodle Skirts, Saddle Shoes, & the 50's Groove

The girls had a Fabulous 50's themed Fashion Show at their school this past Friday evening. When I  received the flyer for the shindig weeks ago, I was on cloud nine. Everyone knows that as much as the Hubster & I LOVE technology and the world today, we were really born in the wrong Era. With his passion for classic cars, and my passion for Elvis, we would have made the perfect pair of teenagers during the 50's. So, of course I had to make sure the girls were decked out from head to toe in the appropriate attire.

I picked up some fabric & embellishments at our local Joann's and their shirts & shoes at Walmart. From my two bags, I quickly transformed my little pile of goodies into two hot pink poodle skirts, two plain white shirts with poodles on them, two black neck scarfs, two black hair scarfs, and of course my personal favorite, the white & black saddle shoes. As their costumes came to life, the smiles on their faces stretched from check to check with utter excitement to show off their style. And, of course having a tad bit of red lipstick dabbed onto their little lips was the highlight of the whole affair.

The show was adorable as the girls sang their hearts out and danced to shake, rattle & roll & the bunny hop. Their faces were filled with pure joy as they entertained the audience, and boy did they strut their stuff down the runway when it was their turn! The 50's surely came alive in 2013 at Mayflower Preschool that night, and it surely made this Momma's heart swoon!!

Girls 50s Fashion Show May 2013 19 Girls 50s Fashion Show May 2013 28 Girls 50s Fashion Show May 2013 1 Girls 50s Fashion Show May 2013 24 Girls 50s Fashion Show May 2013 12 Girls 50s Fashion Show May 2013 2 Girls 50s Fashion Show May 2013 7 Girls 50s Fashion Show May 2013 63 Mayflower Preschool 50s Fashion Show May 2013 5 Girls 50s Fashion Show May 2013 8 Girls 50s Fashion Show May 2013 111


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts, I am listening!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...